Do you watch a lot of videos to gain knowledge, do research or explore complex subjects for your business?
I know that I do.
But I like to at least partially understand the main message(s) before spending time watching the entire video.
Recently, I used Artificial Intelligence to summarize a highly technical 48-minute video.
I had a summary as well as answers to some follow-up questions in about six minutes.
In my opinion, however, free AI Chatbots such as Bing and Bard are not very good at summarizing YouTube videos directly.
Bard refuses to do it as of now.
Bing sometimes stumbles in summarizing a video even when you submit a direct link to it!
And forget about ChatGPT 3.5, it doesn’t even know about videos published after September, 2021.
Easily Summarize YouTube Videos With AI
But there is a work around that takes only a few minutes with some practice.
I demonstrated it during a recent class introducing small business owners to AI chatbots.
The six steps are:
- Gather a list of YouTube videos by using in depth complex questions (prompts) to save yourself some time. Note: With its newly added extensions, Bard is best when searching for YouTube videos.
- Select a video and open the transcript.
- Eliminate the timestamps.
- Copy and paste the transcript into your free AI chatbot of choice.
- Instruct the chatbot to summarize the transcript.
- Follow-up with in-depth questions.
Use AI Chatbots To Summarize Other Documents
AI Chatbots can also be used to summarize pdfs, reports, Websites, long emails, customer requests, articles, books and more.
Learn more about how free AI platforms can help grow your business and save you time and money.
Call us at 847.634.6535 for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Or use the Contact form in the right sidebar.
You can even sign up for a 30-minute free consultation on how to grow your business and save time and money at https://www.picktime.com/WACITips